1. All orders placed are subject to stock being available. Items that can be added to the shopping basket are usually in stock. If any item is out of stock, it will be sent as soon as possible. Please note that we won't take payment until we can deliver. We will inform you if there is a delay longer than 2 weeks. If an item becomes suddenly unavailable, we will contact you regarding alternatives and give you the opportunity to cancel the original order. With the exceptions of specialist or custom orders, we will not take any payment from your credit/debit card until the order is ready for dispatch.
Certain destinations have limitations on package size and or weight. We will inform you if there are surcharges to the shipping method that you have selected or if it is impossible to ship the item.
2. Order Acceptance: The receipt of the automated order confirmation does not constitute the acceptance of an order, or confirmation of an offer to sell.
Should your order status not change and/or you have not received a message from us within 48 hours of placing your order we advise you to contact us.
3. Any claims for damage, faults and miss-shipped items must be made within 7 working days of receipt of goods. Please write to the address below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. As a consumer you have the right to withdraw your order for goods before they are shipped and also within 7 working days of the goods being received. This does not apply to items personalised or items made or order to your specification (i.e. a kite with your name or logo, kite line or line sets ordered to your specifications), or specialist kites that we order specifically for you perhaps from outside the UK, kite videos and DVDs, kite related software, books and magazines.
We will only accept unwanted products for refund provided that the goods are complete with all relevant packaging in an unused, unopened and re-saleable condition. A copy of the original invoice/receipt or online order number must be provided. Do not send item(s) back until we have issued you a returns number and with details where to send the items. You must return the goods to us at your cost and we advise you that goods are adequately insured against loss and or damage during any return journey and that a signature is given by us as proof of receipt by us (i.e. Royal Mail Recorded/Special Delivery). In special circumstances we can arrange for goods to be collected from you.
Please note that you will be charged for this and the actual collection cost will be deducted from your refund.
4. We shall refund the amount of money paid by you for only the goods (shipping or any other charges to you are non-refundable) and also less any costs if we collect the goods.
Note: If the goods were shipped to you FREE of charge, than we will deduct our actual shipping cost to you from your refund.
If you wish to cancel an order, please write or email to:
EMKAY Kites, 18 Water Lane Threekingham, Lincolnshire. NG34 0BE
or eMail to email@example.com
5. EMKAY is not a VAT registered business. Our prices do not include any VAT or sales tax. EMKAY is not liable for any customs or import duties that might be incurred when the goods are shipped to destinations outside the UK.
6. All goods remain the property of EMKAY until paid for in full. Risk passes to yourself on delivery.
7. Special Offers and Promotional Discounts: From time to time we have special offers throughout our online shop.
These cannot be combined with a promotional or any other discount offer that you might have received.
We will sell the item to you at the lower of the 2 prices (special offer price or your discount against RRP or list price).
8. Warranty: Our products come from well-known European or US kite companies and are covered by the manufacturer’s warranty against manufacturing defects or faults. We know that kites or kite lines can break when used (flown sometimes outside the manufacturers recommended wind conditions or outside the product's intended purpose). We are unable to give a refund, free exchange or free repair if in our or the manufacturer's judgement damage was caused by an accident or misuse of the product. However should you crash and damage your kite, we will be able to help in most cases to get you flying again as we stock spare parts for most of the kites we supply. Please get in touch.
9. As our prices depend on the exchange rate between the €URO and US$, all prices and offers are subject to change. Errors and omissions accepted, subject to not selling below our cost price. If paid by cheque please allow up to ten working days for cheque clearance. For out of stock items, delivery dates given are only estimates. Credit card statements show payment made to EMKAY Kites.
10. These terms and conditions do not affect your consumer statutory rights.
Some notes if you consider a return:
If you do believe that a product sent to you is faulty, incomplete or wrong, please call or email for a solution. Remember we can make mistakes too.
We can often resolve the problem over the phone or give adequate advice so that there might be no need to return the product. Upon contacting EMKAY and if the problem can’t be resolved over the phone or by eMail, we will give a returns number and also a returns address (can be different to our contact address) to get the item returned. Please make sure that you adequately insure the item and receive proof of shipment (Royal Mail signed for etc.). Items with a value of more than £40 are best shipped by insured Royal Mail Special Delivery or by insured Standard Parcel. There is a option (at cost) that we arrange a collection from you.
When we receive your goods we will check them and if faulty we will repair or get a replacement send to you as soon as possible.
If we cannot see any fault or it is unclear why the product was returned we will contact you to discuss the problem further, therefore please make sure you provide us with a telephone number and eMail address.
Note: All goods ordered in error or no longer wanted, must be returned in their original condition (unopened, unused and undamaged and fit for resale with all documentation, original packing intact and a copy of the original invoice/receipt.
Business Customers only:
If you are a business or if the goods are used wholly or in part for business purposes we shall not be liable to you for any business loss including loss of profits (whether direct or indirect) business data, revenue, goodwill, or incidental, or consequential loss that you may suffer as a result of the purchase of goods from us. Any other liability shall be limited to the price paid for the goods. Returns are subject to a 10% handling fee. You will not export any goods purchased from us in contravention of United States of America export controls.
Off-site Links Disclaimer
Links to outside entities may appear throughout this web site. These links may point to various resources that we feel may be helpful. We are not in any way responsible for the content available at the destination of these links. This off-site content is subject to change without notification to us. As such, we are neither endorsing the destination content nor legally held responsible for information or articles presented there. Please inform us of any invalid or offensive links.
EMKAY International Ltd
Registered in England No 4995145
Registered Office: 18 Water Lane, Threekingham, Lincolnshire. NG34 0BE, UK